Monday, July 18, 2011

Why must Atheists be exceedingly patient with our religion-believing family/friends but not vice versa?

One would think that there would be more tolerance of others beliefs in a forum where religion and spirituality are discussed. Whatever we believe or do not believe, there is no excuse for bad manners. I do not believe in the God that is described in the Bible however I do believe that there is an intelligence or consciousness behind all of creation with whom we co-create this reality and our consciousness evolution. We have no proof of the existence of God so anything that is believed in purely opinion. We need to show tolerance and respect for others opinions. I have found that even people of the same belief do not agree on every aspect of their religion. I will quote one of your religious beliefs, "judge not that ye be not judged". When I first came to R&S, I looked forward to the intellectual exchange of ideas. And there are sometimes that it does actually happen, but it is rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment